Need Help With Rear Suspension Please.

May 19, 2012
just got some moroso drag springs and lakewood 50 50 drag shocks was thinking about putting some lower control arms in while im in there and can find an affordable set.. any recomendations???what would work well with this and not cost a ton of money.. or should i just leave the stock ones in?? thanks for any imput!

• Sponsors (?)

I run the stockers with red urethane bushings no wheel hop with a pinion snubber. But if you want to upgrade for cheap ive had my eye on SVE-5649AT its a part LRS carries.. they are tubular and come with hardware and all.. They are also not adjustable so sometimes spending more money is a better option, it all depends on how you use the car.

just got some moroso drag springs and lakewood 50 50 drag shocks was thinking about putting some lower control arms in while im in there and can find an affordable set.. any recomendations???what would work well with this and not cost a ton of money.. or should i just leave the stock ones in?? thanks for any imput!

Using context clues, I suspect you are drag racing a Fox Mustang since it looks like you have an 85 GT with drag springs and shocks. If that's the case, then I STRONGLY recommend a good set of lower AND upper control arms. Good control arms are necessary for good traction on a Fox body Mustang. ESPECIALLY when you're drag racing.

Dude, a couple summers ago my '93 notch daily driver with a stock 5.0 was only packin' 236rwhp and I was spankin' 12-second cars left and right because my car dead hooked. I was using tubular chromoly control arms with spherical bearings and the car launched like crazy. (not allowed to say which brand because I'm a vendor here on Stangnet, but if you PM me I can tell you what I used) Anyway, if you use good quality control arms, you can discard the quad shocks. They are no longer necessary with the upgraded control arms.