Need Help With Shocks/Struts

Riored96

Mar 8, 2004
I am going to be replacing my shocks and struts soon. I was leaning toward the Bilsteins but just wanted to know what everyone else thinks. I currently have H&R supersport springs. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The last I heard, Edelbrock shocks are made by Bilstein. :shrug: Just what I heard. I dunno if this goes for anyone else, but I had KYB struts on my coupe and it rode like a flinstone car....felt every bump in the road.

The Bilsteins are VERY nice but quite stiff. I had them in my car for about a year, until I ripped them out in favor of some Tokico Illuminas that I keep on the softest setting to increase ride quality a bit.

The Tokico blues are likely your best recommendation to maximize the quality to price ratio. However, if you really want the best for handling and don't mind the stiffer ride, then get the Bilsteins.

Regarding the Edelbrock IAS, I almost got those (instead of the Illuminas). I put the IAS's in a 2-door '98 Ford Explorer that I modified. Those were some nice shocks (never ridden them on a Mustang, though).

Good luck. :nice: