Need Help........

ameration

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Ohio
I removed my Mach 460 when I got the car and installed a Kenwood KDC7010 (I think that is the number at least) along with a Kenwood add on CD Player/Equalizer for the lower opening. Everything worked perfectly until this year when the Head unit started acting up (had it for six years or longer now). I have had Kenwood receivers in all of my cars and never had a problem.

The Head Unit has the MASK self hiding faceplate feature that flips it over when the ignition is killed. That still works with no problem but the screen and lighting on it no longer work. All the buttons and features still worked until around Sept. when it was getting close to the time to park it for the winter. Around then everything stopped working. When i start the car, the faceplate flips over and starts up where it left off on the CD, but I cannot change the volume, song, or anything. It only plays the one CD and none of the buttons respond or anything.

Any thoughts as I really don't want to buy a new head unit but I am getting tired of listening to the same Toby Keith CD everytime I drive the car!

Just tried hitting the reset button (someone thought that would fix it so I tried it) and that really screwed me up. Now I have to enter the security code and none of the buttons or display work so I have no idea. Please help....

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I had one of the early MASK kenwoods did the same thing only thing that worked was the remote but once it lost power and wanted the security code I was hosed nothing worked wound up tossing it in the garbage. Hope you don't have the same thing happen.

BooWFO said:
I had one of the early MASK kenwoods did the same thing only thing that worked was the remote but once it lost power and wanted the security code I was hosed nothing worked wound up tossing it in the garbage. Hope you don't have the same thing happen.

I was hoping to hear better news than that.:notnice: