Need Help

Cjrundy

Jan 9, 2017
Nebraska
Im currently trying to buy my first car. Thinking of going with a edge mustang (preferably 00-04). Ive also found a couple of 2004 Mach 1's. My budget is 8k. Just wondering is there a certain model or year of the Sn95 that is better then the others?

• Sponsors (?)

99-04 GT's have PI (performance improved heads) and made 40ish more hp than the 96-98 cars.

A GT will have a single over head cam motor (SOHC) and a mach will have a naturally aspirated version (same heads basically) of the 03/04 cobra dual overhead cam motor (DOHC)

Either can make power and both gt and mach are limited by the factory inherently weak rods.

The mach will run much better in NA form for less money and likely hold it's value over time (the cleans ones seemed to have bottomed out around 10-12k depending on mileage).

The GT"s are a dime a dozen but since they have been cheap for a long time they are turning out like fox bodies and getting trashed quickly. A clean one is getting hard to find.

Drive both and buy the best car you can afford.

If you can, I would go for that Mach 1. That has the best platform of an engine. That cobra is nice but it's hit or miss buying a used car with an aftermarket super charger. And to be honest that GT isn't bad either. That's a pretty good deal. But that Mach 1 looks 100% stock and all original and that's very important. I bought my GT premium for $7,900 all original and I'm very happy with it.

Mach I's are awesome but not sure if 8K is enough to get a good one. You could get a really nice GT with money left over. If a GT I would look for the newer models ie :Coolant Leak (intake manifold) - Some vehicles may exhibit an Intake Manifold crossover (first runner) coolant seepage condition. This may be caused by a crack in the intake manifold coolant crossover.
Effects the:

1996-1997 Ford Thunderbird

1996-2001 Lincoln Town Car & Grand Marquis

1996-2001 Ford Crown Victoria & Mustang

2002 Ford Explorer

There is a replacement intake available that uses an aluminum coolant crossover instead of plastic.

Check for this as most have been replaced I believe.

That beauty in my Profile Picture with 81K, perfect body and interior was $5300.00 in October last year.

^ what he said. You're going to want one with the aluminum crossover on the intake manifold like the 03-04's. And yeah if you buy from a private party you can sometimes find a deal as good as that one. Sometimes..

Also I may add if the mustang is modified in any sort of way the price is going to be way cheaper. A lot of the times that is the right route to save money. Getting one all original may be more expensive, but it's less likely that it was driven hard.