SN95 Need Help

Mike Barton

Apr 25, 2016
okay the car is a 95 gt 5.0 5spd it has a 4.10 but I'm putting in a 373, it has a powerdyne supercharger 10# it has a gt40 tubular intake ported lower 75mm tbody and a mega squirt3 ecu, and a stock lower end, what are the best heads and what size, what size injectors should I go with and what cam, just looking to get the most power possible! Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet!

I am the resident megasquirt guru so I can help with all your tuning and setup needs, when the time comes.

What are the best heads? That's a tough one... you are sporting a stock bottom end with xxxx miles on it and 10psi..... a set of TF170 will probably be your best hp per dollar. You will likely be able to break the 400 rwhp mark with 10psi 93 octane and aggressive timing (will take the correct cam to do so as well)

Remember detonation kills as do harmonics..... keeping a stock bottom end together at that power level (albeit low by today's standards) will rely on a safe tune.

Reactions: 1 users
Welcome ... first off we need to know what you wanna do with the car. Secondly no matter the head choice you make the gt40 intake will be the choke point. As far as cams you might want to give ed Curtis a call @Davedacarpainter you remember his company name? Like fti or something the price of off the shelf cams you spend less then a 100 bucks more and you get a cam custom for your setup and that's always key there. What kind of suspension mods do you have? Also get ready to put some 60# injectors in there. This is what happens when you boost a forged bottom end without the proper fuel.
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG

Welcome ... first off we need to know what you wanna do with the car. Secondly no matter the head choice you make the gt40 intake will be the choke point. As far as cams you might want to give ed Curtis a call @Davedacarpainter you remember his company name? Like fti or something the price of off the shelf cams you spend less then a 100 bucks more and you get a cam custom for your setup and that's always key there.
Flow Tech Industries

Reactions: 1 user
welcome to Stangnet! ( don't forget to pay your inititiation dues while you're at it)

Here's my 2 cents

You will not notice any difference in going from 4.10 to 3.73's. and IMO not worth the effort or money. What is the reason for this?
I am assuming you have a T5
You did not mention anything about brakes, suspension, charging, cooling systems
Is this car a DD, weekend toy, street strip car?
what's your budget

I've seen posts from thousands of guys who want the "most power" but that is not always the best thing. You want the best combination of power, reliability, driveability and durability. Going for the most power often results in broken parts or poor reliability. As stated, once you start going over 400rwhp you are playing the dice with a stock block. Spinning a powerdyne for 10# of boost is also IMO a little excessive as they are entry level geared for 5-6# on a stock motor.

If it were me, and how I build my cars is I take care of the suspension and braking first- that way the car can handle the extra powe. I would also repace the stock alternator with a 3G. Then you can look to increase the power by matching the proper parts along with what your goal and budget are. These cars have terrible stock brakes and suspension, and throwing another 100 hp on them is asking for trouble.

Know that when you start adding HP with better heads and cam you are also going to need to address your

cooling
clutch or AOD
exhaust
MAF
Injectors
balancer

IT adds up quickly. So, we are back to-what is your budget and goal. We can show you options from $1000 to $200000.