Electrical Need Help!!

Justin95 5.0

Feb 18, 2018
Hi all, new to the forums but I’m in great need of assistance.

Picked up a 95 5.0 and I have this huge drain on my battery with the key in the ‘run’ position. Not in any other position. Also it’s with the car off, car isn’t running right now because of a fuel pump issue but that’s besides the point....started pulling fuses with the key in the run position and the draw finally goes away with 2 of the 3 ignition fuses pulled out, it has to be both of them, I’ve tried just one and it’s still there. The three fuses are all side by side, it’s the two outer ones that when pulled the draw goes away, the middle one doesn’t seem to have an affect on the draw.. what I have done is replace the alternator and CCRM because they were both done for, also the draw is still present with both of those components disconnected, I’ve looked around online and no one has seemed to have the same problem as me...please help!

• Sponsors (?)

I had a similar issue. It was the ignition cylinder where the key goes in. Mine you could literally turn on/off without a key and I think it was keeping the ignition on even when the car was off. I replaced it and so far it seems to have fixed the issue.

Had a problem with my ignition / key too. would turn off the car, take out the key and the power was still on.The way I knew if I had turned off or not was the clock would be on if the car was on. Took the cylinder out and re-greased the moving parts in the steering column. The key moves better and goes to off position more decidedly but it still has a bit of slack. Not 100% but a big improvement. I still make sure the clock is off when I turn it off.

Reactions: 1 user