need info on a 96cobra

NJBILLT

Apr 22, 2002
NEPTUNE,NJ
Hey guys I went to look at a 96 cobra yesterday that has 17000 miles on the clock. It was on a dealers lot, so I was able to look at it with out being bothered. The car is in great shape in and out, when I looked under the car I was surprised how clean and new it looked under three. My only problem is that the car has a new off road H pipe, so they would have to remove it to garrantee NJ inspection. But the other thing is, that it has what looks to be a new scattershield, and a new tremac transmission. The suspension is all original and looks like it was not modified at all. I would think that scattershield was put in because of drag racing, but there is no other indication that this car has be raced at all. My question is could there be a good reason other than racing to install a scattershield. Maybe like a trans upgrade where you would need a different bell housing.

• Sponsors (?)

I thought at one time that some of these cars had the transmission replaced at the dealer because of a TSB. They are asking 15k for the car. I am waiting for him to call me back, to see if we can make a deal.

Yea it almost sounds to good to be true. If he can it guarantee that it will pass emissions test in new jersey and it drives good I hope to have it next week. I am replacing my 95GT that got totaled out last week by a drunk driver. So this will give me a chance to up grade.