Need info on relocating IAT sensor

FastSVO

Founding Member
Jun 28, 1999
Los Angeles
Hey guys,

I have been searching up and down the internet looking for a nice, detailed "how-to" write up on relocating the IAT sensor on a S-trim fox body but unable to find any concrete information.

When relocating the IAT, is the stock 5.0 sensor still being utilized or is there another sensor to upgrade to?

Can I just drill and tap the sensor in the discharge pipe? What about the wiring harness?

Thanks,
Eric

• Sponsors (?)

Why exactly are you relocating the sensor? I have no provision in my lower intake for one and have it mounted in my elbow behind the throttle body. If the intake had a provision for the sensor then it would be there if it were my car.

The fox EEC really likes to see IAT temp in the lower intake, really a big help with tuning I have found over the years. If the intake does not have the provision for it, drill and tap and put it in the front runner.

IMO, the best place for it on a fox is in the stock lower intake, however I have placed it both in the intake tube and simply laying on the intake with no discernible difference in performance or drive ability issues. What intake do you have?

Well I was considering moving it for better ACT readings for the EEC-IV and perhaps for my future upgrade to meth injection.
My opinion, you are going to get better intake temp reading in the manifold versus the intake tube. Second, I am not a fan of meth injection and strongly believe it is just a band-aide.

I am running a super victor EFI intake

I've seen in the past, pumps quit working or just plain ran out of meth and BOOM melted pistons. I am a firm believer that you should either run a safe amount of timing for you setup on pump gas or spend the money on better fuel or fuel system to keep the timing where you make big power. You usually only get one chance to be lean..

Reactions: 1 user