Paint and Body Need Jewel Green Passenger Fender

Casey7847

Mar 29, 2017
hello everyone
I am in need of a factory oem fender i have a 1992 gt it is an original jewel green i recently purchased this car and its in need of a right passenger fender if anyone has one or knows how i can get one with good factory paint please let me know i will pay for shipping i am in southeast michigan also if you have a good recomendation for painting a new fender as far as a paint that will be as close to what ford used on this car i dont want to paint the whole car any and all opinions welcome thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    721.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Sponsors (?)

Finding a fender that matches your color will be a little difficult. While your mustang's color is beautiful, and I really like it, it wasn't as popular at the time. In other words, not as many were made as the popular red/white and black colors.

Are you talking about painting the fender yourself? You'll have a problem with any paint system matching you paint. The colors on our cars change over the years due mainly to UV light from the son. A paint manufacturer can get it close, but to get the final touches to it a person has to tint the color.

The best you can do is blend the paint to the adjoining panels (hood, door).

I paint cars for a living, you should trust me on this one. I'll offer all the advice I can if you decide to paint it.

IMO, the best paint system out there is Spies Hecker. Followed closely by Sikkens.

Finding a fender that matches your color will be a little difficult. While your mustang's color is beautiful, and I really like it, it wasn't as popular at the time. In other words, not as many were made as the popular red/white and black colors.

Are you talking about painting the fender yourself? You'll have a problem with any paint system matching you paint. The colors on our cars change over the years due mainly to UV light from the son. A paint manufacturer can get it close, but to get the final touches to it a person has to tint the color.

The best you can do is blend the paint to the adjoining panels (hood, door).

I paint cars for a living, you should trust me on this one. I'll offer all the advice I can if you decide to paint it.

IMO, the best paint system out there is Spies Hecker. Followed closely by Sikkens.
Thanks and yes i know it will be hard the color was only made 3 years , it does not have to be perfect i have clear coat issues so my car is far from perfect .. But that is why i decided to find a good condition original first im in no hurry , but yes i may end up having to paint one but something tells me if i paint the fender and bumper and hood because they all have defects , my common since is telling me paint tje whole car , if i cant find an original fender , i would restore back to original color i think its a very nice color and there are so few of this color ever made to me makes it just a little more valueable as a buyer and seller any info you might jave to jelp sand the body would be helpfull like , what sand paper , and prep stages