Need New Convertable Top.

labyas

Apr 26, 2007
Somehow while I was @ work yesterday the kid across the street kicked a football up in the air and it landed inside my 87 lx convertable. So the wife calls to tell me that the ball went right through the middle of my roof and that the kid was sorry and was going to pay and all that good stuff.

I've been looking around @ tops online and there are different types like canvas, double textured, and dimpled or something like that.

Tomorrow I will call some places for quotes on labor (he's paying so I'll pay to have it installed) but I was wondering If anyone knows about these different tops and why some might be better than others or is the oem ford remake ok to get.

Just looking for opinions before I commit.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Somehow while I was @ work yesterday the kid across the street kicked a football up in the air and it landed inside my 87 lx convertable. So the wife calls to tell me that the ball went right through the middle of my roof and that the kid was sorry and was going to pay and all that good stuff.

I've been looking around @ tops online and there are different types like canvas, double textured, and dimpled or something like that.

Tomorrow I will call some places for quotes on labor (he's paying so I'll pay to have it installed) but I was wondering If anyone knows about these different tops and why some might be better than others or is the oem ford remake ok to get.

Just looking for opinions before I commit.

Thanks.

id go with a stock replaced ment....they will be easier to install...BUT since a shop will be installing it don't buy the top and bring it in...yet is it will a little but cheaper but you wont get as good of a warranty if you do that...since your arnt buying the top from them...i found this out when i got my top done....since i brought him one to put on the top is only warrantied for 2 years....now if i would of took it to the shop and had them order a top for it i would of got 5 years on top and 7 years on the craftsman ship of the work...i only got 2 years with the top and 5 years for the craftsman **** of it...still not bad if you ask me....but since someone else is paying...go for the good ****...