Brakes Need Opinion For Front Pads/rotors

Mark_LB

Aug 30, 2016
I need to know what pads/rotors you guys run and what would you recommend.
My 2001 v6 is a daily driver and i push it limits very often.
The stock front rotors are barely responsive, plus they got f'd up after i installed some cheap ceramic pads that made serious scratches/marks on them, so i reinstalled the usual pads but are not as good as they were before the ceramics.
So currently looking to change rotors and pads.
Any recommendations would be appreciated, dust is not a drawback for me, so anything that doesn't squeal and grips well is good.
Thanks !

• Sponsors (?)

Good pads and new rotors, you should not have a problem in even aggressive street driving if you 'bed' the rotors, braided steel flex hoses help but if you just slapped on a set of pads without turning the rotors your braking effectiveness suffers, bleeding some of the old fluid helps keep things fresh, here is a good read on how to break in new brake pads and rotors
http://brakeperformance.com/bedding-in-rotors.php

Reactions: 1 user
The stock system is more than capable if in a good state of repair. #1, brake fluid flush. Should be done every 2 years but nobody ever does.

After that it's part selection. I'd honestly recommend motorcraft pads and Ford rotors. The motorcraft pads offer good bite when cold and won't chew up the rotors. Downside is dust. Those, plus fresh fluid and they car should stop fine for daily street needs.

Bedding in the pads/rotors properly is also key.

Reactions: 1 user