Need opinions about heads.

I'm finally getting a pair of heads next month. I was planning on the AFR 185's but I was thinking about going all out and getting the 205cc's. Along with the heads comes the usual cam and rockers as well. With my engine still being stock, would I gain much power from the 205's? I do have future plans for a stroker kit and turbo which is why I was wondering if I should get the 205's. :shrug: Anyone have an opinion?

• Sponsors (?)

Have to agree, you won't spin the motor high enough to use those ports. They are more suited for a 358-408 motor or a wild 347. I have the 185's and they are plenty without losing too much torque. Without the blower I'd run the 165's.

Jamie

How big of a stroker are you thinking about? I'd go 185's.

You have to have a plan and stick with. I know a couple people who lost quite a bit of money not sticking with there plans.

Even though the 165's would be the best for my engine in it's current state, but I don't want to have to buy bigger heads when it comes time for the new stroker. My goal is to build a 331 or 347 based on the 1000hp turbo motor built in one of the issues of MM&FF. It's that reason why I was thinking about the 205's. I do have an old Cartech box upper with a heavily ported stock lower that I got for very cheap which would help move more air for the heads. I'm just curious if the heads and cam would improve anything about my stock motor. Eventually, I plan to go for the 800+hp mark with a T-76.