Need opinions on 84-1/2 20th anniversary stang

MileHighDart

Nov 22, 2011
So I see this car on craigslist. Guy was asking $6000 for the car. My opinion was the car was worth about 5K, but he was set on getting 6K.
The car is in excellent condition, original paint with just a few chips that have been touched up. But overall the paint is very presentable. There is No rust on this car that I could find. The original interior is very nice. It drove good, other than the clutch pedal is a little stiff for me.
It needs a cataletic converter to pass emissions. Car is stock except for magnaflow exhaust. It has 115,000 miles.
So anyway, he had it listed for a month and a half at 6K and he didnt sell it. So now he relists it for $6500 ? Didnt sell at his original price, so he raises the price ? seems a little strange to me.

So just wondering, since I'm new to fox body mustangs, am I nuts for thinking I should be able to get a car like this for 5K , or is this seller nuts for thinking hes going to get $6500 ?
Heres a link to the ad:
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2741573039.html

Thanks
Scott

• Sponsors (?)

There's been a comparable car for sale off and on in the Seattle area for almost 3 years at $5950.

Here's another that has been around for a while.

84 is a very low-powered car, compared to the 87+ cars. The GT350 cars are mildly collectible, but only uber-low mile cars bring any kind of premium dollars over a "regular" GT.

I have one. I don't really care how clean it is, it's not worth that kind of money with those miles. $3500 would be much more realistic. Take a look on ebay and see how much these are selling for. It's much less than you would expect.