Need paint ideas

Mlpauley

Mar 22, 2010
Hampton, VA
Im going to be getting my 98 gt painted sometime soon. And i want some opinions on colors. Right now it is laser red and i want a change. So post what you think looks the best and pics if possible.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

paint ideas

Honestly, I don't think anything beats staight up black clear coat on a stang. When that thing is cut and polished- Oooo it turns heads! I've got electric blue ghost flames on top of black painted on my '03 GT but that's just me.

Im going to be getting my 98 gt painted sometime soon. And i want some opinions on colors. Right now it is laser red and i want a change. So post what you think looks the best and pics if possible.

Thanks

I'd show you a pic of mine but it looks like regular white. I did a softer white with some very light blue / silver flake. Nothing crazy, just gives a nice very nice sheen when the sun hits it and at night under the street lights in really pops..... it's very subtle though.

piece of advice for ya too, when you get it done make sure you have them paint the mirrors to match. :nice:

to supplement, i did a photoshop of what i had in mind:

bcgncbncvbvcxvc-1.jpg

Yea I would either keep it what you have now or do a nice black. But, with my experience with a black car, the summers with it are horrible. I had black leather, and a black car and easily during the summer it would get to over 100 in my car. You might want to take that into consideration, idk where you live but if its anything like florida youre going to bake in it.

If you want a color change, thats understandable. But please if you do change colors, please do a complete paint conversion, not just the outside. A Laser red trunk interior or under hood area would look awful. IMO I would repaint it in the orginal color, and add some pinstriping or some other details to set it apart or to change it up. Thats just my $.02

to supplement, i did a photoshop of what i had in mind:

bcgncbncvbvcxvc-1.jpg

I don't like Laser Red Mustangs simply for the fact that there are very few people that take care of the paint enough to keep it from fading into that terrible, dull reddish-pink. I'd rather drive a spray bombed car than a faded Laser Red car.

That being said, that chop is awesome, and if the paint was cared for and stayed Laser Red I'd even rock that combo.

think out side of the box! flat black the jam's.. engine bay.. trunk jam and so on.. then do an olive green on the outside (or even better.. olive drab green!!!!).. tint the windows and get some black accents / wheels and it would be a very very unique mustang that would look bad to the bone. maybe some military style lettering in flat tan as well... here are some examples.. just the color not the red rims / yellow fogs
439138990_q8VTa-L.jpg

or flat blue is swwweeeettt too!
dscf0799.jpg