Need Part ASAP!!! Help Please!!!

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
Just my luck... I started to bleed my brake lines last night as the final part of my disc install. Found out that I am leaking fluid at the Brake Line Junction at the rear of the car. This is not the T fitting that bolts to the axle, but the adapter that connects the soft line to the hard line that runs the length of the body. It accepts a banjo bolt on one end and the hardlines flare on the other end.

It is stripped. The banjo bolt would not come out of it when I was trying to pull the axle. It took several douses of WD40 and finally some heat to make it come loose. I am guessing it had seizes together and I took the threads with it. Anyways, its part# 2C230 from Ford, but they don't make it anymore. I found one online at a NOS store, but after ordering it, I got an email saying they did not have anymore in stock. Called MPS, they want $40. One on EBAY, they want $65.

Is there a generic fitting for this type of banjo to inverted flare coupling? If not, does someone have one lying around they could send me? I would be greatly appreciative and would obviously pay you for it. I won't have a chance to get to the Junkyard before this weekend, if then, and I really wanted to have the car ready by then. Supposed to be going to NMRA the following weekend.

Here is a representative pic of the part.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Joe

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!gwE8rwc28hcBPNc0-Q!3g~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!gwE8rwc28hcBPNc0-Q!3g~~60_12.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Sponsors (?)

Well, here is the final update for anyone who comes across this thread in the future. I found about a half dozen NOS companies on the internet who advertise this part. Only 1 actually had it in stock, and they wanted $125 plus shipping. MPS Autosalvage will sell you one for $40 plus shipping. I went to a local junkyard and got one for $5.50. It was a gamble because it looked more corroded than my original, but it cleaned up nicely and came apart without too much issue, with all threads intact. Also, 4 cylinder ones are different, they will not work. I looked at several Rangers and Explorers, all of them early to late 90's. They too will not work. I'm sure there are other Ford cars and trucks that do use this fitting, but I did not find them. Good luck for anyone else on this exploration!

Joe