Need Rear Brake Retaining Clips for a 98 Mustang

Get E Up 98

Apr 18, 2004
Yes...I have a bad squeak. I now know hwy. I went to replace my rear pads and low and behold those little clips that go on the end of the pad are broken. 3 out of the 4 are broken. So I figured that is probably why my car squeaks. Hear is the big ? Where can I get those cheap a** clips. Im thinkin maybe like $3 for 4 new ones but guess what, ford doesnt carry them seperate:bs: . You have to buy the pads which are $50 and im not about to go out and spend all that $$$ for some cheap clips. Anyone come across this problem before? And does anyone know where I can buy them?

• Sponsors (?)

When I bought my new pads they didnt even come with the clips...I had to buy a brake hardware kit from autozone. It was like 20 bucks for the front set and 20 bucks for the back set. Its just all the hardware that was OE on your car, like those clips, dust covers, all that good stuff. Go up to autozone or something and ask them if they carry the brake hardware kit for your car's rear set of brakes. They should know what you are talking about. Good Luck