Need Some Advice Please

Hi there, I'm jaded on a few things,
1. I'm gonna finish my wiring on my car soon, and I still have to pick a stereo head unit. The problem is I'm not sure which one to go for: A. the custom audio sounds look a-like 66 model that baisically has everything a new one has even an ipod hook up, just some people have said that sound quality isn't good. or B. put a newer head unit either under the dash (which I really really don't want to do) or in the glove box. I'd like to keep a stock appearance of the car.

2. I just finished putting POR15 on the rear seat floor pans, its black...I want to put it on the firewall and the cowl opening as well, should I paint it red in the end? or should I just put the new sound dampening over it and call it a day? I'd like to paint at least the cowl red again,would I be able to?

3. Kill Switches: where do you guys suggest I place them? I was thinking to drill a few holes in the back of the ash tray and put them there.

4. Lighting: Should I put some newer led lights in the car to brighten it up when you open the door? or should I keep it as is? has anyone changed the lighting in the glove box? as I was pulling the electronics out of mine i accidentally broke the whole fixture for the glovebox lighting, (it didn't work ebfore and my glovebox doesn't have a hole to let the light shine through)

5. Back up Lights: My back up lights don't work, when i traced the wires around I found out that the neutral switch is gone, whenI attempted to look further, I'm pretty sure the back up switch is gone as well. What would I need to get them to work? the Back up switch?:http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchan...roduct_Code=00206&Category_Code=backup_switch
Thanks in advance.
-Sukhvir

• Sponsors (?)

Hi there, I'm jaded on a few things,
1. I'm gonna finish my wiring on my car soon, and I still have to pick a stereo head unit. The problem is I'm not sure which one to go for: A. the custom audio sounds look a-like 66 model that baisically has everything a new one has even an ipod hook up, just some people have said that sound quality isn't good. or B. put a newer head unit either under the dash (which I really really don't want to do) or in the glove box. I'd like to keep a stock appearance of the car.

too many people have complained about problems with the custom auto sound units that i wouldnt put one in my car. two options as i see it then are A) leave the stock am radio in the dash and put a good aftermaket head unit in the glove box. or B) get rid of the stock radio and install the radio delete plate, and put a good aftermarket unit in the glove box.

2. I just finished putting POR15 on the rear seat floor pans, its black...I want to put it on the firewall and the cowl opening as well, should I paint it red in the end? or should I just put the new sound dampening over it and call it a day? I'd like to paint at least the cowl red again,would I be able to?

you can paint over the por-15 with no problem. inside i would just lay on the sound deadener and call it good.

3. Kill Switches: where do you guys suggest I place them? I was thinking to drill a few holes in the back of the ash tray and put them there.

kill switches need to be located where you can get to them without any undue or obvious effort to avoid detection. i would use the cigarette lighter myself. install the switch where you have to push the lighter in to activate the switch.

haha ok, i got this idea, try not to laugh too hard. I was wondering, what if I mount a head unit with those wireless remotes under the passenger seat? facing to the back of the car, because really, the only thing i'll be using of the head unit will be fm and very rarely the cd player. Most of the time it'd be on preset fm channels or hd radio channels and other times it'd be connected to an ipod that connects to the a place near the shifter.

Hmm, I was also wondering, has anyone seen some kind of kit that gives you the ablility to move teh faceplate around? cause I've seen another one, and the two components of the faceplate are a universal plug connecting tot eh back half, and a button you push in with some clips.

I have an AM/8-Track in my 67.

For better sounds, I run my iPod through a power amp and hidden speakers all over the car, + a removable bass canon in the trunk and removable bass cabinet in the back of the rear seats.

iPod makes things so simple and you get to keep all of your original-looking equipment.