Need some advice please???

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i bought an 87 GT vert with some minor mods and a Paxton SN93 blower...i brought the car to this shop that only does mustangs he is a great guy he did all my work on my 85 GT i had..he is honest and doesnt do stuff that isnt needed...I brought it there because the headers were leaking..i had oil leaks and the car wasnt idling in park...so it had a few minor issues....While it started working on it he noticed the intake was leaking so i said do it...I need a radiator too...so i said do it then i went down there the car is down to the block and heads and all the assy are still on too...So i said maybe we should do new head gaskets and new head bolts while were this far he said its a good idea since there still the orignals and your running boost..But here is the thing...What head gaskets should i get..Also should i just do heads and a cam...too...and the car is Speed density...so i should i convert...this is turning into a mess...LOL....and i might as well do a corba intake or maybe an edelbrock while im there too....So will this car move if i do heads...cam ..intake..and the blower of course im doing gears 3.73s and a 2400 stall convertor too...what do you think i should do? what do you think this will run?.....thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Dude you are opening pandora's box. You went in for idle issues and leaky header gaskets...something like 5 minutes to tighten the header bolts and a little time on the dyno to tune it....and you're gonna end up chunking down a few grand on an h/c/i and tuning. Before you know it you'll have the engine about out and then it becomes:

"well, since we're this far, maybe we should do a tubular K and A arms?"

"well since the front is getting coil overs, may as well do the back...or maybe an IRS?"

"well, the engine is out, time for a T56"

"crap, now it's dynoing 500hp, i'm gonna need a 10 point cage"

"damn it, i guess since the interior is out and i'm painting the cage anyways, i may as well paint the whole car"

"well, can't have new paint with this old wore out interior. Time for some new Recaros and maybe i'll do a whole Autometer in-dash gauge setup"

And so on, and so on, etc etc. :lol:

I want a good street/strip car and to be into the 12's...not deep into the 12's like mid to high 12's would be fine....this isnt my daily i have a 93 GT vert too....so i can play with this one a little more so then my daily...the Daily will remain stock except for an cat back..and CAI...thats it....:D

I want a good street/strip car and to be into the 12's...not deep into the 12's like mid to high 12's would be fine....this isnt my daily i have a 93 GT vert too....so i can play with this one a little more so then my daily...the Daily will remain stock except for an cat back..and CAI...thats it....:D

cai is a waste of money on a stock mustang