Need Some Advice

Cjrundy

Jan 9, 2017
Nebraska
My 1999 gt is slowly coming along I've got a mgw short shifter and a cold air intake . My next step is to turbocharge it , was wondering what I'd all have to get before I can turbocharge it. Looking to add around 400 hp from the turbos.

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    295.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

I don't know what you've done so far so I'll assume nothing.

Engine rebuild with at least forged rods and pistons, crank if you want. Heads, intake, cams to match the engine and drivetrain components, probably a k member for extra room, upgraded clutch, trans, rear end, chassis, suspension, tires, maybe wheels, brakes are probably a good idea, so and and so forth.

The way you ask the question makes me question if you've really thought it through. What's your budget?

My 1999 gt is slowly coming along I've got a mgw short shifter and a cold air intake . My next step is to turbocharge it , was wondering what I'd all have to get before I can turbocharge it. Looking to add around 400 hp from the turbos.

Next step should be to re-evaluate your plans. By your post, I assume you are looking to reach 650BHP from the engine, correct? That is a lot. The 4.6L will need a full rebuild with beefed up internals.

What's your purpose for this car? Full on drag, street, road course? I'm not big on turbo systems for V8's. Seem a bit unnecessary. Most can be built to good street spec with just NA upgrades. Superchargers also work well with V8 engines.