Need some feed back from residents of Arizona

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Been considering of making a big change in a few years and moving out west. I would like to move to Chandler AZ or somewhere close to there. For any of you guys out there or who have lived there can you give me some good/bad or any info regarding living in AZ.

I did notice the housing market is much cheaper out there then what I am seeing here, a lot cheaper so thats a plus. Here are a few things I would like some more insight on.

- How are the roads out there? Here they pretty much suck.
- Sales tax, From what I have seen online its not the same across the whole state, is that how it works or was it just a bad site?
- Cost of living, what are jobs like out there as far as whats avaiable and the avg medium salary
- Do people drag race year round there or is it only during the winter months like in FL or with no humidity in AZ are you able to year round?
- Crime?
- How often do you have to register your car and how strict are state inspections, are they yearly?
- And anything else you can think of would be great, Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

1) The roads are constantly being worked on and improved.
2) Sales tax is from 7.3% to 10.3% depending on the area of town your in chandler/ tempe area is about 10%
3) Do you have an education? what are you doing now? jobs are here man
4) People drag race year round here but the late fall to mid spring is the best time because ambient air temps are lower firebird raceway isnt far from chandler either.
5) Crime depends on the area man one block could be bad while 2 streets over could be completely different I would check with local authorities about crime rates you can also look them up somewhere on the web but I cant remember for sure.
6a) Registration can be done in 1 or 2 year increments depending on what you want to pay for (you'll pay extra for custom plates).
6b) There is no real inspections unless the vehicle isn't from the US just smog is the same as registration 1-2 years.
7) The Chandler/ Tempe area is great and good for people of all ages and to be honest your not far from anything or anywhere you could want to go 30/45 mins is nothing.