Need some help ASAP on steering

Phatt_daddy

Apr 22, 2005
Hytop, AL
I just got through getting rid of my '87 for a nice looking '98 but it has a problem. previous owner had dropped the column cause the key wouldn't go all the way back to shut off the car. When I looked at the column I saw that the actuator rod wasn't even moving with the key cylinder inserted into the column Howcan I fix this or do I ned to replace the thing ? It has cruise and tilt. Oh and how does the key lock (the little flip thing) attach to the column ? It was laying in the passenger seat when I got the car.

Thanks,
Nate

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I got the column back together and in the car. Gor the switch to go in propperly also. Went ahead and replaced teh electrical switch and with a good charge on the battery I still get nothing buty a little single click under the hood. I havent had a chance to get a Haynes yet and this is my first encounter with a 4.6 and its gremlins. And is there any way that I can just eliminate teh key all together and go with a push button? Also I noticed one little plug that is white, that int attached to ne thing but the other two plugs it is bound with attach to the two plugs wrapped in yellow comming off of the steering wheel. Does it go to ne thing or just an open plug?

Thanks
Nate

If your column was tampered with, you may have affected the PATS. Does your key have a chip? You cannot go to a push button ignition since without a chipped key, the engine will momentarly start but it won't run. The rest of the wiring I have no idea.