Need some help badly

Nightmare2005

Sep 23, 2007
I have a 2006 GT and all of a sudden my car alarm keeps going off. I reset it and about every hour it starts all over again going off. It takes several times mashing the button on the key fab to stop the alarm. Any ideas on what is happening and how to stop it.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2006 GT and all of a sudden my car alarm keeps going off. I reset it and about every hour it starts all over again going off. It takes several times mashing the button on the key fab to stop the alarm. Any ideas on what is happening and how to stop it.

I had this happen with a Nissan Altima. It was driving me nuts. I ended up taking the battery out of the remote and the alarm quit going off. I bought a new remote and that cured the problem.

Nightmare, it is very possible that the pins switches for the hood or trunk are not depressing far enough.

Mine was intermittantly going off after about an hour car shows and I was like why is it doing that. The pin switch when not depressed fully, but you have locked the car, delays in telling the alarm to go off, kind of a safe bypass. In my case I had the hood up, then left to walk around locking my doors on the key fob and leaving the hood up. After about 45min to an hour it would go of..

Don't know if it's the problem. You can check though..