Need some Help building a Frankenstein Focus

Mr. Nipples

Jul 9, 2005
Michigan
Well this is my first post here. Ive been doing alot of research on the Internet tryin to build a really nice and powerful 5.0 V8 for my focus Conversion Im working on. As of right now I have a 89 302 5.0. Im new to V8s and I thought Id come here to get some good advice. Pretty much what Im looking for is 400-450 hp at the wheels but still roughly cost effective. My first obvious choice is to stroke it, haha "stroke it". But thats as far as I have gotten, and as I said before i require assistance so if anyone has a good parts list for a nice build up, a good webpage to help or anythign they wanna help me out with Id really appreciate it.

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

i think they have a focus in europe, the RS8 that has a V8 in it, im not sure what size, but maybe if you search for it and find out what it is. i do know its a standard ZX3 with a V8 and other stuff, so its nothing totally special.

Mr. Nipples said:
yeah i was gonna go with the 347 stroker kit, thats a stroked 302 am i wrong?

no, you are right. the difference between the 331 and 347 is just rod length and piston height. If you decide to go with a 347, make sure you get the kit with the 5.315" rod instead of the 5.4" That way the pin hole is out of the oil ring groove.

heres some pix of my 2001 focus 3 door im doing a 302/5 speed/ RWD setup.
PM me if you want to discuss the project in detail- i have many pics of buildup
Dan

View attachment 509021

eng1.jpg

View attachment 509025

View attachment 509027

Attachments

• eng1.jpg
    eng1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 123