Need some help Fox tranny and SHO

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys, i have never been in this part of SN before, i usually stay in the 4.6 but i am asking for your help :)

My friend is in the position of being ableto pick up a SHO Taurus for cheap. He has been thinking about the possibility of sticking that engine into his miata. It is possible, after all a 351 can fit in there.

The thing he is not sure about is the tranny. Is there a mustang/ford tranny that could bolt up to the SHO engine in his miata?

• Sponsors (?)

well he did some researching after i posted this and he found that this would be possible by mating a 94 T-5 to an 87 aerostar bellhousing with a custom 1/2 adapter plate :shrug:

your thoughts?

its the v6 version

Nearly anything is possible when it comes to cars. It's just how far your willing to go money wise, and work time wise. I bet it'd be a sweet swap too. The only thing I wonder is how tough those miata rear ends are. I hate to build a motor and tranny for it and have it disentegrate rear after rear.

Yeah, the SHO engine has been put in a RWD application many a time. You are correct about using an Aero star bellhousing and an adapter plate, I jus think the hard thing is finding the adapter plate cause most of the plates made were just home made and resold. Check out www.shoforum.com, this very topic has been discussed on there numerous times, and theres tons of good info on that forum.