Need some help on picking 4.6 or the 5.0

lttakas

Aug 31, 2004
Hi i need some help with picking the right mustang for me.Well i have looked at all the cars and the imports that i like that pack some hp cost much much more than i can spend and i realy dont want to go rice like my frends.So i have decitded that i should get a mustang since my cusin has one.So as i would say i would like to do the same and get a mustang myselph but i just need some help.Now i am not shure which one would be better for me the 5.0.Which i heard that the dont like high rpms unlike the 4.6.So its 5.0 1994 1995-----or the 4.6?????i am looking for a good car that would be a good daily driver have good power and be reliable.Thanks for your help

• Sponsors (?)

the 5.0 was available through 1995. the 5.0 will most likely be cheaper to mod, and as for them not liking high rpm's, in stock form the engines don't do much past 5 or 5500, but when modded i think there's some people in here who would attest to them revving quite happily when modded right.

5.0's make lots of torque at low rpm. mod's dont (from my experience riding in my bud's 98GT - seemed kinda gutless till he wound it up).

i would go drive one of each. decide what you can afford and if you want to mod it (pushrod motor is cheaper for that, IMHO) and do from there.

good luck.

Get a 99+ 4.6...for a daily driver...they run high 13's stock w/ 5spd @ 99-101mph...

The 4.6 just has a deceiving powerband...even though it produces peak torque 100rpm higher than the 5.0...so there is no real actual difference...