Need Some help... Tech Question

Mathulus

Jun 26, 2005
Lowell, MA
Alright, Im relatively new to the forums, so I'll post this as best I can.
I have a 95 GT that is running really ragged. It was rolled 6 months ago and hasnt run well since and is getting worse. The symptoms are, When in neutral and I rev the engine, the rpm's take far to long to fall back to idle. When driving the car from idle to about 3,000rpm the engine seems fine but after that it struggles to make any power at all. I ran the Trouble code test and I am reasonably sure I got the right codes it was telling me, but they seem to contradict each other. I got a 179, 181, 188 and a 189, all of which are adaptive fuel limits on the left and right side, but both rich and lean codes came up. I'm not sure what this means. I put a whole new air intake on it after this and changed the fuel filter, which helped bottom end power but still lacking top end. I am assuming it maybe a fuel injector/FPR or one of the many sensors, and before I go changing each one I wanted to see if someone here could tell me. I am going to run the test again tomorrow to make sure I read the codes right. but until then I hope someone could tell me what the problem is.
Thanks Mathulus

• Sponsors (?)