Need some help with OEM Fuel Guage

Snarf

Dec 24, 2003
Lexington, KY
Hey guys Well, I've got a goofy problem with the fuel guage in my factory gauge cluster. It almost seems like its an electrical connction problem somewhere, let me explain whats going on with it.

Since about 2 weeks ago, any time I fill up the car, for the first 35 miles or so, the fuel level guage is slow to respond to the new gas level. Sometimes, it comes up very very gradually [like a 1/64th of an inch every few minutes], sometimes it completely bottoms out to the empty side and trips the low fuel light [even though I KNOW I just put 12 gal. in it]. Hell sometimes it even goes back and forth. Like this morning for example. I left the house with it giving an acurate reading. 10 miles later it had bottomed out all the way E and tripped the LF light.. then about 5 or 10 miles later, all is well again and its showing a normal reading..

It really sounds like its an electrical connection somwhere that's being wonky.. do you guys and gals have any idea where to look for a loose connection ro whatever? Any help is appreciated.. its not a big problem, just somewhat annoying 'cause I KNOW its just a quirk... hehe.

• Sponsors (?)

Same here!! I posted about this a while back. It even trips the SES light. I still have an open work order at Ford for the TSB on the 3650, so when I go get that done they will figure out whats wrong.

My temp solution is just to put in 10 - 15$ here and there.

Oh and I'd just like to add, it isint an electrical connection because I brought the car in right away when that happend while it said low feul with the SES, they put it on the stand and checked the connection.. All was good.