Need some ideas...Fellow stangnetter's

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Well as i get my car closer to a peacful daily driver, i need some idea's on how to quiet down the hatch. When going over bumps and turns etc the hatch bounces around, moves side to side and rattles. Riding in other cars without a hatch, its sooo much quieter inside. So what can i do to secure this thing better? Why do you guys do when u put subs in? id think that could be a start :)

• Sponsors (?)

Striker for sure, and adjust those little rubber knobs on each side so there's not so much clearance. And get subframe connectors....less body flex means less flex in that hatch area.

Ash

Here's a way out idea(from fantasy land):

Sounds from a harp and everything begins to undulate as we tune into the land of dreams...

How 'bout a fiberglass hatch and lexan rear window! Seems to this dreamer that a lighter hatch is a quieter hatch! Ooooh, imagine the weight savings!

...boy that model puddy sure packs a wallop, no wonder it says "VAPOR HARMFUL!", WOOHOO!(just kidding!)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I SEE DANCING BANANAS DO YOU?

well i adjusted the striker down so it sets lower on the car, it seems to be firmer. Alot less side to side play. I think after some new (not so smashed) weather stripping, lift shocks, and some subframs (as suggested) it will be alot better. Thanks for the idea's guys!

Asha'man said:
... And get subframe connectors....less body flex means less flex in that hatch area.

Ash
Ditto, Subframes made my hatch stop rattling during normal driving. If i am on a bumpy road or going over tracks or something it still rattles a little, but buzzing around town its nice and quiet.

Dr.

Dr_EluSivE said:
Ditto, Subframes made my hatch stop rattling during normal driving. If i am on a bumpy road or going over tracks or something it still rattles a little, but buzzing around town its nice and quiet.

Dr.

Told ya you would like them :D I love my subs, they took a lot of the noises out of my stang. I say your next mod should be subs :nice:

bhuff30 said:
they really need to be welded in, and should be done by a shop unless you are quite comfortable with a welder. Bolt in connectors just losen up after a little while.
Agreed, and personally i dont think you need to spend a whole lot to feel the effect either. I spent less then 200 for the subs and installation and they made a very noticable difference.

Dr.