Need some info on power steering hoses

67bluestang

May 13, 2003
Tucson, Arizona
I have a 67 with a 351C. I was going to leave the p/s and a/c out, but my wife decided she'd rather have'em now. So, i got the pump and all the p/s brackets but need to know which hoses to use, what year, etc.:shrug: I've seen some sites where it says 2 pressure hoses required. Is that for a cooler or something? I've got the control valve and cylinder that was on the car when i got it, so hopefully they'll work.
I'll be installing the Classic auto air perfect fit a/c system, if it ever gets here. Summer will probably be over by then.:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

If I remember right there are 2 pressure hoses, one one the control to cylinder and one from pump to cylinder.
call CJpony parts in Pa. There counter people are very good. 1-800-888-6473 or cjponyparts.com
I buy here because there good and ,well, there only 5 miles away.

Every late '60's / early '70's Ford I've ever owned had only one pressure hose and one return hose. The pressure hose attaches to the pump with a threaded fitting while the return hose is smaller and attaches to the rear of the resevior with a simple hose clamp. I'd bet if you can find the brakets and pump from a 351C with power steering that it would work just fine with your '67 power steering parts. Even if the pressure hose doesn't fit, you could always have a custom one made at any hydraulic supply shop.