need some opinions on motor again

Project 77

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
Bernville PA
I posted awhile back about which stroker motor to go with. Well the more I think about it the more I realize there is nothing really wrong with the current motor. quick rundown. Motor has an X cam, 24 pound injectors, Motorsport upper and lower, and thats about all. I am having a hell of a time with the car idling, doesn;t want to stay running at red lights. Heres why i considered a new motor. My dumb ass drove the car into standing water one evening on the way home, motor shut off, had to tow it home. I drained the oil, flushed the motor, new air filter, cleaned out the intake of all the water, put everythihg back together and it runs, but you can hear every pushrod chatter. Friend of mine said all I need to do is replace the heads and the pushrods. He offered to tear the whole motor down, check and Mic everything, install new heads, and put it all back together for $300. so now I am looking at a new set of heads, and trying to figure out how to make it idle VS new motor...Does water damage a motor that bad? and do I need to match the Mass air meter to the injectors?

• Sponsors (?)

In your shoes, I'd just rebuild the motor. Most of the work is getting it apart, why not do the full meal deal? The heads are almost certainly not ruined, I can't imagine that, at worse you would rebuild them. Of course, it would be a ideal time to pick up some aluminum heads and a nice cam...

:D

Dave