Need some quick answers about exhaust

Green&GoldGT

Aug 1, 2005
Virginia
I've already have a MAC off road H( love the sound) and I plan on getting Flowtech longtubes with a 3" X pipe for some extra hp. I was wondering which setup would be the loudest and most obnoxious? I read somewhere that the X pipe was a little quieter compared to everyone else thinking they're louder. Also would i need to heat wrap the starter if I put on longtubes?

Thanks for any input

• Sponsors (?)

^^^he's right, but if you get that combo you will regret it very soon afterwards.

Honestly man, it sounds like complete and utter ****! Do yourself a favor, and try not to think you need to be the loudest car in town to be cool.

You dont need a 3" X-pipe. You dont have enough power to need 3" exhaust. In fact at your power levels, you wont gain, you'll probably lose some down low torque, if anything.

If you have to be loud and obnoxius, then try an O/R X with Magnapacks. Not the best sounding exhaust either, but its not near as bad as the Loudmouth 1's & O/R X.

Take this sound, and multiply the volume in the vid x 100. Is that what you want on your mustang?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qeg8nAQ30M

You've been warned. :)

helty said:
Take this sound, and multiply the volume in the vid x 100. Is that what you want on your mustang?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qeg8nAQ30M

You've been warned. :)

Im not gonna lie man, but that is straight out terrorizing. If I wanted a obscenly loud, nasty sounding car id go that combo. I dont know, but it doesnt sound that horrible to me... it just sounds outright evil and pissed off, lol.

BurningRubber said:
Im not gonna lie man, but that is straight out terrorizing. If I wanted a obscenly loud, nasty sounding car id go that combo. I dont know, but it doesnt sound that horrible to me... it just sounds outright evil and pissed off, lol.
Its something that can only be comprehended by hearing it in person. It does not sound good at all. :puke: