Need some really HIGH flow 5.0 heads....

Ok guys its been a while since i have been on Stangnet but i have a buddy with a 408 Stroker that needs heads and i was just wondering where you guys would reccomend. His last combo was all motor 14.5 to 1 Compression and a 730 lift cam with ported Victor Jr's. He's now going bigger.with more compression anda larger cam..lol....i have geared him towards Bennett Racing so far but was wondering if there was anyone else out there you guys could reccomend. Thanks...any input it greatly appreciated. Vince :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

FineLineMtrsprts said:
Ok guys its been a while since i have been on Stangnet but i have a buddy with a 408 Stroker that needs heads and i was just wondering where you guys would reccomend. His last combo was all motor 14.5 to 1 Compression and a 730 lift cam with ported Victor Jr's. He's now going bigger.with more compression anda larger cam..lol....i have geared him towards Bennett Racing so far but was wondering if there was anyone else out there you guys could reccomend. Thanks...any input it greatly appreciated. Vince :nice:

Well the AFR 225's are nice or not knowing his budget a set of the Glidden Victors or regular Victors with matching intake should also yeild good results.

Again not knowing his budget the Canted valve Bennets will also flow a lot of air and make big power.

Rick 91GT said:
Well the AFR 225's are nice or not knowing his budget a set of the Glidden Victors or regular Victors with matching intake should also yeild good results.

Again not knowing his budget the Canted valve Bennets will also flow a lot of air and make big power.

Well he was considering getting the Ford Performance Yated heads and having them ported...they are 2200 bucks alone...so i figure might as well buy some already ported or maybe even something better....with his combo he's got quite a bit into it and isnt afraid to spend some cash...as long as its not lik e8k bucks in a set of pro 5.0 ready heads..lol. Thanks though. Side note...his fully ported Victor Jr's on his last combo were too restrictive.

FineLineMtrsprts said:
Well he was considering getting the Ford Performance Yated heads and having them ported...they are 2200 bucks alone...so i figure might as well buy some already ported or maybe even something better....with his combo he's got quite a bit into it and isnt afraid to spend some cash...as long as its not lik e8k bucks in a set of pro 5.0 ready heads..lol. Thanks though. Side note...his fully ported Victor Jr's on his last combo were too restrictive.

The Edelbrock Victors not Vic Jr's are putting guys in the 7's....... Might also want to look into the New SB Ford Blue Thunder heads, or the Brodix Neal heads. Any of the above heads will get a car in the 7's with the right combo.

Here check this out http://www.nmraracing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18171 if the parts will work it could save your buddy some cash. The Yates heads will require a special piston......not knowing what the exact piston, rod, block combo your buddy already has. Check out the NMRA classifieds you may find what you need.

JadeFalcon said:
there are some stage III ported GT40 iron heads that went mid 9's on dfwstangs.net for $650

:shrug: On a 14.5:1 408 with a .700+ lift solid roller :shrug:

http://www.wynnespeed.com/product.phtml?p=1613 The cnc ported brodix listed on there are great heads, the victors as rick mentioned are too.

BTW, Rick gonna send out the money for the supports, just soooo busy I keep forgeting about them :bang: