need some rear end advice

belzebub2u

Oct 10, 2004
Woodstock GA
i finally said screw it, i bought a whole new carrier for my rear end. got a good deal on it. got a helical gear posi (the one that is in the 2003+ cobra's) new for $120 but it is for a 31 spline axle, my question is how to get the best deal on axles and bearings. will the explorer axles fit in my car or should i go with som Superior axles for $250 or so? TIA and i hope this FINALLY solves my rear end problems

• Sponsors (?)

i don't know about the explorer axles, but don't get superiors. just not a good product in alot of peoples opinions. KillerCanary twisted his brand new Superiors on his first time out. doesn't instil much faith in me. I have Mosers and they are good. A bit more money, but do it right the first time.

I saw a brand new set of Mosers twisted off at the splines a few weeks ago. First pass in a 62 Bel Air. Twisted one completely off and twisted the splines 5 teeth on the other one. I'm still a Moser fan though. Everbody's entitled to a subpar product every now and then. I vote for Mosers :nice:

thanks slow, it will be a while before i get the money to do anything now anyway, i will just have to learn to live with the noise for right now. guess it cant hurt much even if it is rubbing. im gonna replace the whole rear end before its over with. :cool: