Need Sound Advice.....car Sputtering

Quadgod

Jul 7, 2005
I've been having an ongoing problem with my 2001 GT sputtering under acceleration since spraying the engine down with water while cleaning. Having cleaned many engines, I expected it to run rough for a little at first. There is still
an intermittent hesitation in overdrive (auto) or while cruising on the parkway doing about 70 mph. I recently replaced the spark plugs taking special care to blow out each plug hole before removing the plugs. There was definately water in the plugs holes since the plugs had some minor rusting. I installed autolite platinums gapped to .54 & torqued to 12 ft/lbs. Well let's just say that was not the problem. Car still hesitates & sputters only now the rpm's dip slightly intermittently at idle as well as throughout the rpm range. I ran the car wide open and the power surges. I then unplugged each COP plug to see if the engine noise changed but the noise was consistant from cylinder to cylinder. With each coil individually unplugged, you hear a bubbling sound from the exhaust like it's underwater. Please help....I'm losing confidence in my steed. The car only has 15,000 miles on it.

• Sponsors (?)

Clean MAF and reset PCM, don't cost anything and it MIGHT fix it... Yes, I am guessing...

Do you have a K&N style lifetime air filter?

Another thing could be bad gas prematurely clogging your fuel filter, I would suggest chaging that as well.