Need speaker wiring diagrams, anyone???

GSXR1216

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2001
ROCHESTER, NY
I'm upgrading the stereo in the stang finally, i have replaced the stock head unit and tossed the factory "amp" thats behind the stereo on the tranny hump. I'm adding a seaprate amp to run the speakers. Anyway i need to know what wires go to what speakers on the door and front dash speakers from that plug that went into the factory amp?? I would like to just splice into the plug that goes to the speakers from the factory amp so i do not need to run all new wires through the dash and the doors this way i can just run the wires from my amp down the center console and splice into that stock plug, anyone have these diagrams? I bought the "install kit" thats had harness that you are supposed to plug into the stock stuff so all this wiring is not needed, well problem is those adapters plug into the flat plugs that went into the back of the original headunit, so that would then go to the stock amp, i want to bypass that stock amp, if they would have given me the big sqaure plug adapter to mate with the plug coming out of the factory amp then i would be all set i could go from my amp output to the plug that was on the output of the factory amp... Any ideas here???

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Well that helps a little, problem is that only shows a 4 speaker wire hookup with the amplified sysytem (stock one), my '92 has 6 speakers, 2 in the dash, 2 in the door and the 2 rears???? So whats the deal with the fronts, do they split them so they feed both the door and the dash off the same left front pair and right front pair of wires or what????