Mach 1 Need Stang Education

Z2Boost

Feb 18, 2004
I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I recently got into an argument with a Mustang owner about who would win a Freeway pull. We would probably start the race at around 50 MPH and Race until someone can truly say Bye-Bye. He said he puts down a little over 300HP to the wheels.

To my knowledge, the Newest Mach 1's put down the same numbers. About 2 weeks ago, I raced one from a 70 MPH start. 3rd and 4th gears were no problem as I pulled away immediately. I never had to use 5th gear to test how fast we could go.

I drive a 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo (15lbs Boost with a few mods) I put down about 370HP to the wheels and think I should have no problem with the guy mentioned above. I top out at about 185.

Does anyone know what he would top out at and does he really have a chance?

The only other comparison I can give you is I barely pulled away from a Z06 Corvette around the 160 MPH range.

Any info would be cool. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed

ttown said:
In a top end race you'll win....from the dig for a 1/4 mile or stoplight he's got a better chance.

I think I'd totally agree with the 1/4. My bushings are shot and I get a Kangaroo like Wheel Hop. Then again, I have a lot of Wheel Hop to begin with.
I don't think I'd dare race from a start until my problems fixed.

He said he can't beat a Cobra if that Helps Any. I think the Cobra has around 390 if i'm not mistaken.