Fox Need Suggestions

Should I swap the motor or work on the v6?

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

So Im beginning to think, What about an eco-boost 4 cylinder. 300hp outta the box and 500 with a simple turbo swap, costs allot more but it would be unique and plenty of go juice (not saying do this OP just drove a 16 the other day and was really impressed) Oh and a ton lighter in the front....

So Im beginning to think, What about an eco-boost 4 cylinder. 300hp outta the box and 500 with a simple turbo swap, costs allot more but it would be unique and plenty of go juice (not saying do this OP just drove a 16 the other day and was really impressed) Oh and a ton lighter in the front....

Or a Turbocoupe drivetrain with a 1/3 of the cost and fab work.

Find a donor car, swap it , and done

Reactions: 1 user
Ohh Ohh I know
true?v=mpbl-1&px=600.gif

Keep the I-6. It'll be a good learning tool for required maintenance. You'll learn how to do a tune up, change oil, replace belts and hoses, and tinker with your first Holley carb. It'll also be the proper platform to learn the differences between the "I", and the "V" that you thought you had.

Otherwise, the 3.3L I-6 that you have is little more than junk.

Unless you do a simple Chinee turbo conversion.

Then with little more than some really crude crafting, you can take the existing exhaust manifold, and re-direct the single exhaust into a 200.00 Ebay turbo. Make a really snagulated looking "hat" to sit on top of the existing carb, and BOOM! you got yourself a bonafide 200 HP at 10 P.S.I.

You can visit the crumudgeons over at ford six:
http://fordsix.com//index.php?sid=5a637c9890f07e12aa54ee03cde23772

Here you will find living proof that Dinosaurs walk the Earth, and own cars with your engine in them. These cobwebs, have done exactly what I'm talking about, and with little more than a jet change (using Holley jets), and a re-curve to the distributor, are taking the absolutely inexcusable 88 HP that a 3.3L makes stock, and almost tripling it with a single, tiny Chinee wheezer.

No intercooler, No fancy-schmancy turbo plumbing, No aftermarket Cometic head gasket,......Just 10 pounds of force fed air into that anemic little carb, and ............Viola! 200 HP.

If I wanted anothor "experiment", and I could find a decent example of one of those boring turds,...I'd put a T3/T4 chicken -peen sized turbo on one of those sloths, and whiz around town after having spent a whole 450.00 on my turbo system to include a 200 dollar turbo, a 50.00 waste gate, and another 50 for a BOV. Leaving me 150.00 for the junk that I'll need to finish the system.

Here's the rub.

You gotta know what you're doing.

Now, before you get all " I-I-I- have never done a turbo before....." Rejoice.

Nobody here has done one up until the day they decide to do one either.

Reactions: 1 users
Additionally,....While visiting the Ford Six museum website,...you'll learn how to balance a quarter on the air cleaner while the engine is running, via tuning with a vacuum gauge....and start calling your distributor a "Dizzy." (And then come back here, use the word,...and p ss me off when you do it all in one fell swoop)
You can see examples of three one bbl carbs on that existing cast iron intake manifold that do little to make any additional HP, find sources to buy an expensive assed exhaust header that "frees up" the exhaust breathing, that'l do little more to add anything as well, and a just about anything else that has ever been recorded to date on the venerable Ford Falcon six.

But again.....It'll be a great place to learn, on a platform that just can not be blown up, even if you put a brick on the gas pedal and walk away.

Last edited:
IMG_0363_zpsh1x4xlrj.jpg

How much less complicated could it be?

DynoGraph.jpg

This is at a 9:1 AFR (Guy had carb issues, and couldn't get it to lean out) The first pull was at 8:1 AFR, look at how much more power it made when he leaned it out.

If he had been able to get that thing anywhere near 11:1 it would made HUGE power considering all he did to that pathetic I-6 was hack a hole on top of that cast iron junker log intake manifold and put a great blow thru 2 bbl carb on it. I'm thinking that he probably couldve made somewhere in the 325 whp range

IMG_20151107_124210819_zpsi1ocoxsu.jpg

all done with this tiny, tiny little turbo, but with some very unique modifications........
IMG_20160501_144444538_zpsjbcx5vh2.jpg

IMG_20150907_145357219_zps0brdi23o.jpg

This guys using a different type of Aussie head as compared to mine,....This thing is called a 2v and is basically the same configuration as a cast iron US stocker, but has a removeable intake manifold. That can be upgraded with aluminum intake products sourced locally here in the US.

He's not done yet. I'll bet he makes close to 350 WHP,........ maybe more.

With a 200 c.i. boat anchor.

And to think,...mine is 260 c.i., has a roller cam, a 66 mm turbo, and has the vastly superior cross flow aluminum head.

450 WHP,....600 RWTQ ???

at 10 p.s.i.......

How is that a waste of time?

Reactions: 5 users
I agree with what madmike and pretty much everybody else said-but.... I think you should work up to the turbo/drivetrain swap-like a few others said. Do all the cosmetics,the interior, suspension upgrades.Brake upgrades,wheels and tires-Get the banger in top running condition, and then plot out your power adder or put together all the necessary swap parts. Then you will have a sharp DD that you go throw the HP at when your ready- just my opinion:)
See, no instigating this time @Davedacarpainter lol

I agree with what madmike and pretty much everybody else said-but.... I think you should work up to the turbo/drivetrain swap-like a few others said. Do all the cosmetics,the interior, suspension upgrades.Brake upgrades,wheels and tires-Get the banger in top running condition, and then plot out your power adder or put together all the necessary swap parts. Then you will have a sharp DD that you go throw the HP at when your ready- just my opinion:)
See, no instigating this time @Davedacarpainter lol
I am so proud of you, let's celebrate this moment with a beer!:cheers: