Fox Need Suggestions

Should I swap the motor or work on the v6?

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Go 351. It will give you plenty of power as is and give you a base to grow into. The 351 block can withstand a lot more power/abuse. Either will work but I'd jump into the 351.

Just remember you're going to have to upgrade the entire car from cooling,brakes,suspension,trans-rearend,etc. some of the existing parts may work for the time being(rearend,brakes,etc) but you will need to upgrade for durability etc.

That's a fairly mild combo that should deliver some fun street time. I'd rather have better heads(tfs or AFR) but Edelbrock makes ok stuff(as long as it's not the e streets). Good luck on your project.

What would be the best supercharger to go with the 351w then?
For the money, it's pretty tough to beat a Vortech T-Trim, or a Paxton Novi 2000.

You're going to want a good top end and fuel system to support a supercharger though. High flow aluminum heads, healthy cam and intake mandatory. So count on spending more than the $2,899 quoted in that price.

Reactions: 1 user
If you want neck breaking torque for the street that is capable of way more than you'll need....build a stroker 351(408)with good heads. If done properly you'll have 500+hp and torque. It will run on pump gas all day in traffic,at the track, and anywhere in between. Check out Fordstrokers.com for a turn key option. There are other places you can look also but Jim's reputation is superior than most.

Reactions: 2 users
If you want neck breaking torque for the street that is capable of way more than you'll need....build a stroker 351(408)with good heads. If done properly you'll have 500+hp and torque. It will run on pump gas all day in traffic,at the track, and anywhere in between. Check out Fordstrokers.com for a turn key option. There are other places you can look also but Jim's reputation is superior than most.

expect to spend around $10k when all is said and done.

Reactions: 1 user
expect to spend around $10k when all is said and done.
Agreed. Just imagine what the 351-blower route will cost. 12k? Jim did have a carb motor option that was going for around 8k last year. Don't know if he still offers that or not. I know he's not doing any stock production 8.2 motors anymore. Have to go dart block for those.