Need this harness plug.

Nik_95_Cobra

Aug 19, 2020
Phoenix
Hey guys, long-shot here. Long time member here (Since 2000/2001 forgot my old login info, had a 92' GT and still have a 95' Cobra) and was hoping y'all could help me with this plug. I'm working on a 23' T bucket with an unknown wiring harness in it. I need this male 8-Pin plug and from what I've found searching the net may be on some of the various 72-79 fords which I have no experience with.. The way the car is set up things are TIGHT and the female side disappears into the body so I can't find any numbers or other identifying marks. The alternator regulator plug is also very near this one. Do you guys recognize this plug, know what it's called, or know where I can get one new or used? Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

can you read the number on the end of the plug? I just looked at my harness which is out of the car at the moment and there is no plugs like that in the engine bay.
The # looks like 288-14A468-CA. I can't read what precedes it though.

Fox bodies use this type of plug in a few places as well. I might have a male one on a harness I can go inspect, but it might match up. Unfortunately I need this specific harness. I also have my dash out, so i'll see if there are any dashboard harness plugs that match up. I want to say there are as I've seen this particular 8-pin a few times.

I believe it's the same one seen here

EDIT: The green plug near the ECU on a fox body also looks like a match.