need tune with x pipe? 03 gt/roush

Devcon

Jul 19, 2011
Kansas
Hi
I have a 03 roush with the magnaflow side exhaust. I was wanting to go with a less restrictive and a "meaner tone" so i was going to install a catless udpr x pipe. my question is if I do this will the car run lean or rich? right now it has a bbk cold air intake and thats it. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

oh okay cool. I got kind of scared when I saw the new mustangs needed tunes or they would run lean. Is the cel just a announce? I want to get a tuner but it will be a couple of months lol

Hi
I have a 03 roush with the magnaflow side exhaust. I was wanting to go with a less restrictive and a "meaner tone" so i was going to install a catless udpr x pipe. my question is if I do this will the car run lean or rich? right now it has a bbk cold air intake and thats it. Thanks

PM Sent. We'll be happy to answer your questions about our x-pipe if you want to give us a call at UPR headquarters. I'd get into all of the details here in your topic, but I don't want anyone to think we're spamming the board. :)

One bit of advice.....

I don't know the how strict emissions regulations are in Kansas, but get your car inspected just before installing the O/R X. That way you'll have an entire year of not worrying about passing inspection.

Also, I would strongly suggest that you get a BBK or Mac offroad H Pipe. Or a Prochamber. I've had 3 x pipes on my 4.6's, and didn't like them over all the H pipes I've run. Some dissagree, but I don't like the sound of an X pipe on a 2v at all.