need your opinions on wheels. which do you recommend???

Dan95-5.0

Jun 14, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
i can get these eagle alloys pretty cheap.

basically it either the Cobra R's or bullit style wheels. I plan on getting 17's but dont know which offset would work/look the best. also what tires would sizes would work with these? i currently have 245's but in 16's

here are the links:

cobra R's
168c.jpg

cobra R's

bullit style
211.jpg

bullit's

I'm kind of leaning towards the bullits because they look different but no one up here in winnipeg really has cobra wheels so its not like there common.

tell me what you think.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I personally like the cleaner lines of the Cobra R; I think the Bullitt style is a little too '50s hot rod-ish for me.

Cobra Rs are a little overdone. However, that probably won't stop me from getting some 18"ers when I scrounge up the money for a set, and plus, it's not like they're getting as common as stock rims. :D

You can fit up to 275s safely on a 17x9" wheel, although I have heard a few who got 275s complain about tire rub.

With your body kit, I say definitely go with the cobra r replicas. That style of bullitt will not look good IMHO on a car with the xenon kit. What are your choices for backspacing? Offset is generally around 25mm for mustang wheels give or take. A good reference is AFS's website, they list their backspacing and offset there. If you are going to get 17X9 for the front and rear, I'd get the rears with a little less backspacing than the fronts, this will push the wheel out somewhat and help with the "tucked under" look our cars are notorious for.

jmuva44 said:
I wish there was a wheel that looked good on our cars not originally made by Ford or a Ford company (Saleen, SVT, etc.). I'd go for the bullitt of those two.

im with you on that one. when killer was on his quest for rims he found these new american racing wheels which is what im going to get if i ever bend a rim or whatnot. those things were sick

Those "bullitts" are the Torque Thrust II style that American Racing makes. They are everywhere on classic Mustangs but every new Mustang/Camaro I see with them looks totally sick.

Killercanary said:
With your body kit, I say definitely go with the cobra r replicas. That style of bullitt will not look good IMHO on a car with the xenon kit. What are your choices for backspacing? Offset is generally around 25mm for mustang wheels give or take. A good reference is AFS's website, they list their backspacing and offset there. If you are going to get 17X9 for the front and rear, I'd get the rears with a little less backspacing than the fronts, this will push the wheel out somewhat and help with the "tucked under" look our cars are notorious for.

You NEVER said that to me :( You know I was contemplating the Bullits, even with my Xenon Kit. If I did tho, I would go for the 10.5 deep dishes in the back :nice:
RC