Nephews School Project

horse sence

15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Wile Coyote's stunt double
my nephew sent me a couple pics of his school shop project .looks like a 460 Ford
he is supposed to disassemble and rebuild it .wow, i remember my shop project .it was a Briggs and Stratton
that had probably been disassembled at least 60 times. we didn't have to make ours run but he does. i am glad to see there are schools that are still teaching things like this. my old school dropped all the shop classes:nonono:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled tt.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

my nephew sent me a couple pics of his school shop project .looks like a 460 Ford
he is supposed to disassemble and rebuild it .wow, i remember my shop project .it was a Briggs and Stratton
that had probably been disassembled at least 60 times. we didn't have to make ours run but he does. i am glad to see there are schools that are still teaching things like this. my old school dropped all the shop classes:nonono:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled tt.jpg
Got a bit of work in on the 460 today more work to be done tomorrow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 125
Yeah me and my friend have to take it all the way down to the block. And I'm not sure what its out of he's just had it sitting around the class room on a motor mount but I can ask him tomorrow.

image.jpg image.jpg Still gotta take out the pistons and after that not to sure what else Mr. Cox is gonna want us to take off at this point but has been a really fun project so far just can't wait until we have it running.

Yeah I think I'll be able to put it back together I have all the bolts zip lock bagged and labeled. Got a late jump in the engine today but was able to take off the oil pan and get out 6 of the pistons before running out of time.

Here in CA they would probably allow kids to wear sandals in shop class just so no one's feelings or freedom of expression or self-esteem got hurt.

I like how they're making highschoolers lug all that 460 iron around. :nice: NOTHING is lightweight in a 460. In constrast, I've been playing with a Suzuki Samurai lately and the entire 1.3L engine is aluminum. It's only about 175lbs fully dressed...10lbs lighter than me.