neutral safety switch

jreed2

Jul 6, 2011
sorry i know this is gonna be long winded, when i bought my 89 5spd car to rebuild someone had put a push button start on it one wire goes to the small post on the solenoid and the other to the starter post and it worked fine but now that the motor is out and interior gutted i wanted to make it right. under the hood i found the pink and light blue wire i beleive thats the color the one with the 90 degree boot that goes on the small post on the fender solenoid and from the boot back about 8-10 inches it seem burnt up all cracked and hard and black looking and unhooked so i then got under the dash and on the neut safety switch it has two spots for plug in's the bigger one is plugged but the two pin smaller black one was not should it be? before i would get lights and electrical by turning the key forward but it would do nothing with the key unless forward and the push button engaged. any ideas on what i should do to fix this? thanks for all the help in advance sorry for being so long winded!!

• Sponsors (?)