NEVER get your car VALET PARKED!!!...Now trans is shot...Need Help

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
So im all excited to go back home to New Jersey and get out of Tennessee where im currently living for school, I drop my car off at this car place by Nashville Airport, I said I wanted Self-Parking because I hate when people drive my car, but the self parking lot was full and i was in a hurry so he was like we'll valet it for no charge so i was like ok, I was like u want the key in the ignition, he said yea so i left it in there and i left the door open for him, I was like the door is sometimes hard to open, I get on the bus, watching him start it and take off, seemed all good, he bucked a few times but i could see that was normal, see him take it around the lot looking for a spot but didnt see him park it where he went or anything. When i arrive back in TN, just got off the plane, call up this place to see when theyre gonna pick me up, shes like if give me ur valet number and ill have ur car ready for u when u get here, i was like its parked i dont want Valet, shes like ok see u when u get here. Bus comes and the driver asks for my ticket so he knows i got my car there, he calls in the number to the place on the CB, i specifically asked "Is that so u have them get my car ready", he said No, So they can have ur receipt ready for when u get there. Im like ok cool, Of course I get there and my cars waiting for me with my keys in the ignition and window rolled down. I start it make sure its all good, running good, go over the outside for dents or whatever, all good...I start to take off, clutch seemed little higher but i figured maybe cuz i hadnt driven it a few days. I go down the road, just in 4th cruising lightly cuz it still wasnt fully warmed up, put it in 3rd and got on it a little to go up a slight incline, after about 2 seconds I hear BOOOMMM!!! and it just pops out of gear and now im hearing CLANK CLANK CLANK...so i put it back in 4th see if it was just 3rd or not, still doing it in every gear, just as long as the cars moving it does it, Its making so much noise and i can feel the shifter doesnt have that nice firmness to it...i pull over, try 1st 2nd and 3rd, still clanking away like crazy, put it in 3rd and its like GONE, just makes a really bad CLUNK CLANK or whatever...Had to get it towed home, now im stangless, and need to get to school everyday. Any Advice??? Im very familiar with trannys but im not sure what it could be, any ideas what it could be? Anything i can do with this car place, theyre saying it was parked once and not driven since, saying it must have been like that when I brought it in there, how its an old car with lots of miles, all that B.S....Anyways not looking good to get any money out of it or w/e. Also when i went to my car the driver side back seat was folded down, i asked why he said cuz the Driver door was stuck so he had to climb in through the TRUNK!!! Even though I specifically told the one guy "The door is sometimes hard to open" (u no the deal where u got to do that twist up and push down at the same time deal)...well thats why the seat was folded down anyways...I got to start pulling the trans later and tear it apart and see what happened...Anybody know of a nice beefier rebuild kit or just a normal rebuild kit at a good price? or anybody selling like a Tremec or something cheap or want to trade for something? What should I do???

• Sponsors (?)

I have worked for a Valet company, and will say if you get a responsible kid you have no issues. I have driven all kinds of nice and fast cars, and can say I personally have and never would beat on or abuse one! Sorry to hear about it though.

I drove my Dad's 67' 427/435 vette to this girls prom and he wanted to valet park it. After the "discussion" he got in and stalled it 3 times. Basically told him to get the ***** out and told him he couldn't drive stick to save his life. Ended up talking to the manager and parking it myself. I agree the kid could drive stick, but a 427 with a decent cam in it.... yeah, I didn't think so.

Yea, that kid beat the crap out of your car and whacked 3rd real hard and probably cracked the 3rd gear cluster and only held on for a little bit. Sorry to hear about that man, I've blown up 3 t-5's

If only third is effected.. it's obviously 3rd gear. Sounds like 3rd is broke. You're hearing broken gears trying to mesh... doesn't really work. Time to get a lawyer. Most of the time when they get a call from a lawyer, they just pay out and save the money and hassle from court.

Nick