new 10 sp auto??

May 1, 2005
SW WI
Looking to get into a 19, trade in the OLD 16. Kinda thinking Kona blue or velocity blue, something to match my 69. Have they figured out all the bugs on the auto trans yet?? I been following the one on 18's and some issues. just wondering if they got it worked out yet?? Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
No issues with mine...8k miles since December.

ncaruso

Founding Member
Apr 15, 1999
Bloomfield, CT
9,000 miles on mine. No issues so far. I will say that in regular drive mode it is different than I'm used to for shifting (most other autos have been 5 speeds). Not better or worse, just different. Sport mode feels more like a traditional automatic. I thought I was going to miss the 6 speed a lot more than I actually do.

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Same here...transmission take a little getting used to. It's fun when on the happy pedal in sport mode. Seems like it stays in the power band until you lift.

When I first got my car I was easy on it and let my transmission learn itself. Now, I've been really on it a few times. My car is ecoboost so in order to really have fun I have to be in sport mode.

I'm still learning the paddle shifters. They're a little slow to react at regular driving loads but once you are in it in sport mode it gets quicker. I've been practicing on a few back roads. Hehe

Haven't tried the line lock or track modes yet....but will soon. Track just opened last weekend.

Oct 22, 2018
Arkansas
Looking to get into a 19, trade in the OLD 16. Kinda thinking Kona blue or velocity blue, something to match my 69. Have they figured out all the bugs on the auto trans yet?? I been following the one on 18's and some issues. just wondering if they got it worked out yet?? Any thoughts/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
None so far with my 18 , when it’s cold going from P to D , it jumps a lil bit , but once she’s warmed up , shifts fine , 15k mi. Like the 10 spd .

May 1, 2005
SW WI
Test drove one yesterday, Kona blue base GT. Got it up to 100 very, very quickly, that was in normal mode with all nannies on. Not the same as a regular auto, but not bad, probly just takes some getting used to and like someone said needs to learn itself. Car only had 75 test mi on it.

ncaruso

Founding Member
Apr 15, 1999
Bloomfield, CT
I was driving home on I-95 a couple nights ago. Cruising at 85 when the urge hit to punch it. A very satisfying 115 within a couple seconds!!! Made cool noises, too!

Oct 22, 2018
Arkansas
I was driving home on I-95 a couple nights ago. Cruising at 85 when the urge hit to punch it. A very satisfying 115 within a couple seconds!!! Made cool noises, too!
I drive mine in Sport mode and when the urge hits at the stoplight and some Charger or Challenger wants to play , I put it in drag mode and watch the look on their face when I pull away from em