New 17 Lighting Blue Gt

Dezertrat84

Mar 25, 2017
Hey im dave, im 32. I live in hesperia ca.. i work for a pipeline contactor and install big water mains. Just got my first mustang 2017 lighting Blue gt, 6 speed manual bone stock.. very happy with it.. getting ready to buy wheels, tires, exaust, rear spoiler fin, ghost tune, cold air intake.. I'm into offroad trucks so this is all very new to me. I'm located in hesperia ca. Looking for a good place to buy parts and get car tuned.. excited to drop some money into this platform.. tons of questions, looking for advice.

Wheels and tires.. I guess I'm looking for 20" - 7 spoke Matt black wheels with some tires.. not sure on what type yet..

Exaust.. well I'm leaning towards corsa extreme.. ever since a s550 was sitting in traffic next to me.. I was sold.. so bad ass.. I want headers but not sure what kind..

Tune.. this I'm not sure about... ghost cam tune... any info on this.. what I'm diving into.. crap or good!!!!

Cold air intake also not sure.. all look the same..

Rear spoiler fin.. looking at stage 3 motorsports carbon fiber fin.. looks awsome..

Any advice at all would be great!! Pros cons bla bla bla.. thanks guys!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Love this color!!!

Attachments

• 20170311_145204.jpg
    20170311_145204.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 96
The more I see that color the more I like it. But I'm a fan of blue anyway. I would have to say tho, I like mine better.
There is a thread in the S550 section on airiad intakes, give it a read. As for the rear wing, wheels and tires, exhaust, it's your car, your paying for it, get what you like. Don't let the internet trolls sway you. Like I said, your paying for them, it's your choice, not anyone elses.

Tuning, well their a lot of good tuners out there, and a lot of bad ones. Do your research, check their forums if they have one and see what the customers have to say about them. I'm guessing you also have to buy the device so you potentially spend 1K on the device and tunes. so DO YOUR RESEARCH before you drop the coin.

Oh and if you plan on big brakes some time in the future, then plan accordingly on your wheels size. The stock front brakes on a GT are 14" brembo with 4 piston calipers, they are just not labeled brembo. The GT performance pack brakes are 15" brembo 6 piston and you can get the upgrade kit from places like LMR or American Muscle for about $1300 and it's genuine ford parts. Also ford is releasing the GT350R brake kit later this year and it has 15.5" 6 piston fronts and 14.9" 4 piston rear brembo brakes and includes Gt350 rear half shafts and rear hubs with longer wheel studs. LMR is advertising the kit for 4K.

Just remember, the general rule is the wheels need to be a least 4" larger than the rotor diameter. So if you put on 15" brakes you need at least a 19" wheel.

Welcome to Stangnet brother.

What a beautiful mustang, post more pictures.

You've already received some good advice from @I Bleed Ford Blue .

Snoop around our S550 subforums, the guys will welcome you in and help you with your questions.

It's good to have you with us.