New 2012 5.0 Owner!

Hey everyone!

Just signed the papers on a 2012 5.0 6-speed black on black yesterday. I can't wait to pick it up on Friday!

A little about myself: I'm 21 and a recent college graduate. My first car was a 2000 Chevy Cavalier, then I got a 2004 v6 Mustang auto, and then finally a 2003 Nissan 350z auto. I'm just excited to finally get into a manual car!

Can't wait to start learning more about this car :D

• Sponsors (?)

welcome, sounds like you flying through cars...hope you enjoy this one, and stick with it for awhile

haha you're right I do. The cavalier needs no explanation of why I sold that as soon as I had some money. I bought the v6 Mustang because I love mustangs, but the v6 wasn't for me. I went to the 350z for something a little quicker, but the auto wasn't my favorite for a car like that. Now that I bought the 5.0 I have everything I want: no mileage (even better than low mileage), power when I need it, and manual. I'll have it for a while :D

haha you're right I do. The cavalier needs no explanation of why I sold that as soon as I had some money. I bought the v6 Mustang because I love mustangs, but the v6 wasn't for me. I went to the 350z for something a little quicker, but the auto wasn't my favorite for a car like that. Now that I bought the 5.0 I have everything I want: no mileage (even better than low mileage), power when I need it, and manual. I'll have it for a while :D

Yeah, I've had my laundry list of vehicles but my wife is finally putting her foot down and told me no more so pick one I'll be happy with. Hrmm let's see if I can recall, 1) 96 nissan 200sx, 2)99 trans am [wifes friend ruined my front end got rid of it while i could still be positive on trade in], 3) 99 sunfire [bought 4 wife when we got married], 4) 2003 Montero[here comes the family], 5)2004 jeep grand cherokee[no cruise on montero], 6) 92 honda civic hatch[went to subway for an italian bmt only 800$ good body couldn't pass it up, man did my wife get pissed] 7) 2004 Nissan sentra Spec-v[traded my trans am in 4 this, real fun car had about 250 hp in it, bout killed myself in it because I drove stupid so traded it in for a nice car for the wife], 8) 2004 mustang conv [traded my spec-v in for this because she always wanted a mustang conv, plus this one was lowered, 20's and already looked cleaned], 9)2008 Subaru Impreza [they released the new hatchback that year so I thought it would make a good family vehicle so traded in my jeep for this], 10) 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander [still have this as our family vehicle], 11) 2012Mustang GT 5.0 premium [my gift to myself for making TSgt].....oh and I just turned 31 so those were all bought between 19-present, the montero, jeep, spec-v, subaru, outlander, and of course the mustang were all purchased new...damn i wasted alot of money in my first decade alone. Never sat here and thought about all the vehicles I've owned. Let's see if this 5.0 can last a couple years.

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I plan on keeping this car for a while too Lava, we'll see how that goes haha. I don't even pick up the car till tomorrow and I'm already picking out mods for it. I'll keep it stock for as long as I can but we'll see just how long I can last

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I plan on keeping this car for a while too Lava, we'll see how that goes haha. I don't even pick up the car till tomorrow and I'm already picking out mods for it. I'll keep it stock for as long as I can but we'll see just how long I can last

LoL, well take it slow, enjoy the car....The power wears off of it quick so you just have to find that throttle to remind you why you bought this car once in awhile.