New 347 Tuning help

Allbizns

Jun 14, 2019
Charlotte NC
Well I finally have everything buttoned up on my 347 swap. I got it fired up this weekend for the first time. It will surge slightly at idle cold I believe it might be between some timing and fuel cells that might be driving it. I plant to try and get it out some later this week and see how it drives. The big question I have is the injector dead time for my 42lb Ford motorsports injectors. What I have found on the internet is .762 and a .125 offset. I just want to make this is correct before I move on.

I have attached a data log of one of the starts and idling as well as the tune file. If someone would like to take a look and make sure I'm not out in left field that would be great.

Attachments

• 2020-10-18_12.39.56.mlg
    587.8 KB · Views: 34
  • CurrentTune.msq
    119 KB · Views: 36
  • Sponsors(?)

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
you should be able to lock the timing and using testmodes find the idle valve position you want to get a "steady idle" these values are then recorded.
if you look in the tuning videos thread I created I have a 4 part video series [poorly edited at that] covering idle

Allbizns

Jun 14, 2019
Charlotte NC
you should be able to lock the timing and using testmodes find the idle valve position you want to get a "steady idle" these values are then recorded.
if you look in the tuning videos thread I created I have a 4 part video series [poorly edited at that] covering idle
Yes I have watched those videos numerous times and planned to use them as a reference when I got ready to enable closed loop idle.
I assume I am using the correct injector dead time numbers or is there a different value i should be using.