New 5.0 in a Old Fox??

i think the steering pieces and the exhause are going to be the hard part, I have been planning on doing this to my t top, since they put the 5.0 in the f150 there will be more of the engines coming up after the winter. You would hope to get and engine and trans for 5-7k depending on what comes with it.

• Sponsors (?)

i think the steering pieces and the exhause are going to be the hard part, I have been planning on doing this to my t top, since they put the 5.0 in the f150 there will be more of the engines coming up after the winter. You would hope to get and engine and trans for 5-7k depending on what comes with it.

If I find that thing for 5K i'll burst into tears of joy. Hopefully if my uncle isn't stingy he'll put it in for me.

Those are indeed the hard items.
IMO, most people should hold off on this swap until parts meant specifically for the swap are produced.

And you are right, give it a while and there will be plenty of wrecked 5.0's to go around.

Love the engine, but less than 400 to the tire for 10 grand isn't exactly my idea of a performance swap, And SC kit's are another $6000.

Those are indeed the hard items.
IMO, most people should hold off on this swap until parts meant specifically for the swap are produced.

And you are right, give it a while and there will be plenty of wrecked 5.0's to go around.

Love the engine, but less than 400 to the tire for 10 grand isn't exactly my idea of a performance swap, And SC kit's are another $6000.

Yea that is smarter than trying to force it to work, but do you see that thing man?:D I'll probably just put a turbo in my v6 until I can find one of those for less and with an exhaust kit that'll work with it on a fox.

:stupid:

More exiting swap to me would be an ecoboost v6 swap, again the engine will be in the F150 so a rear wheel drive setup will be avail.

As i get older i get much more exited about these modern drivetrain swaps, (and I guess radio swaps now too !).

anyway some who thinks outside the box will always be more interesting, For what is worth I would rather to a swap Like 2000XP8 there are many of them around and someone will always pay for a cobra motor

:stupid:
As i get older i get much more exited about these modern drivetrain swaps, (and I guess radio swaps now too !).
r

I was never much of a modular guy until the 03 cobra, but there is a lot to be said about the SC 4.6.
Runs like it's not even modified at part throttle, but has massive power when you want it.

No, i don't have the lumpy cam and the unburned gas smell i grew to love, but you do get better gas mileage and a much higher level of reliability (no blown head gaskets).

Unfortunately, the 03 cobra engine while not cheap, still is the best budget performance modular engine.

Take any other 4.6, and it needs to be built up first, then add an SC to it. Now you are over 10 grand, when you could have just bought an 03 cobra engine for $6500, then added $500 in mods.

BTW, have you retrofitted a newer radio?

no not an imposter at all, 4v or 2v a 4.6 is a good power making engine that can be put in the fox chasis with minor modification. do some searches, project hackjob has tons of pictures

What kinda torque does the 4.6 produce in a fox? Hp is nice but its nthn without torque

a stock 2002 2v 4.6 should put down 240 hp and 280 tq stock. and revs like hell

my 92 5.0 put down 190hp and 240 (i think) tq when it was stock for comparison

you should be able to put together a n/a 4.6 PI setup for 4k with K member or less, i believe the 1997 or 1998 crown vic computer will control any 4.6 engine you would need to get a tuner and have someone tune the engine for optimal performance.
that being said my T3650 trans is a dream and I cant wait to have a setup like this in a fox