NEW Airaid system for 3V 4.6 GT

C.Harris

Da Boss
Founding Member
Dec 20, 1998
Just added this item to Partshopper, Airaid's new intake system produced an additional 17 HP and 21 ft/lbs with stock tune and stock exhaust....this system doesn't require a flash - thought you S197 guys might like to know :nice:

http://www.partshopper.com/shop/AIRAID-Intake-System-for-2005-06-Mustang-GT-m371.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• airaid1.jpg
    airaid1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 292
  • Sponsors (?)

Just me, but as I know the aftermarket has spent some bucks on R&D for this stuff, seems to me all the "cold air" kits are way over priced.:shrug: I really like the WMS ram air system in the link here in the forums but I just can't see shelling out $450 for a couple of easily made, simple parts. I see the same thing going on with the other 05-06 parts like headers, exhaust, and Ford's newly released chrome valve covers ( $400 a set:eek: ) Soon as the price comes down to a reasonable level, I'll consider investing in one. Till then I think I'll just buy a drop in K&N for the factory filter box.:D

4.6 parts are relatively expensive no matter how you look at it, but considering you don't have to buy a programmer, which is usually the norm whenever you buy a CAI with the new 4.6 3V, it's definitely a plus.